Tuesday, April 26, 2011

I Am Thankful for........

As I reflect on the last few days I think about all the kindness that I see in my life, all the good examples I have around me of charitable men and women and even youth.

I am always amazed at how people will who are busy with life always jump in and are willing to help where it is needed. This week in Relief Society our AMAZING *compassionate service leader Amy, announced of a woman in our ward that recieved 2nd degree burns the evening before and she had a sign up sheet going around for people to bring over meals every night, and to come over and help her with day to day things. Missionaires were in need of meals or bags of groceries and that was taken care of.

There were announcements for donating school supplies for the primary humanitarian project and cake donations for the cubs. People signing up clipboard after clipboard of events, giving of thier time, money and talents.



I think about the little things that I feel like people do for me which lighten my burden or lift my spirit. Sometimes it just a compliment, sometimes it is Mandy letting me coming over late in the afternoon to bother her while she is making dinner for her kids. Of course there are the big things to I have witnessed in my life like David's maternal grand parents who made over 100 baby quilts for to be sent to hospitals overseas. Though they were growing older and weakening they each had a job using thier skills and talents and to make a difference in people's life.


I know that I have a Heavenly Father who loves me more than I can imagine. I know that he loves every child put on this earth just as much. I am so grateful for those who take thier own time and talents to lend a hand to thier brothers and sisters on this earth and lift one another's burdens.



* Another great video I wanted to share but had trouble embeddding.

No comments: