Sunday, April 10, 2011
I Am Thankful for........
being born at this time and in this country. I have a friend who is a drama teacher and asked if I wanted to make a little bit of money. David was just itching(;) ) for a daddy daughter day so I accpected. I was one of three time keepers for an Area 5A high school UIL plays. I don't know how many states do UIL but its an intesnse competition in all the various Fine Arts categories. As I watched the six , 45 minute plays I thought about how lucky I am to have been born at this time where we have so many blessings. We have cures ,vaccines and medicenes for diseases. I have clean drinking water, a right to an edication, I can choose what I want as a profession. I have freedom. I was able to choose to marry David and to marry in the temple. Not to mention Indoor Plumbing! I know that our country is not in the best state currently. With all this talk of the Federal government shutting down, so many other conflicts. However we have so many freedoms of religion, speech, to make oneself whatever you work for. If you work hard enough you really can make yourself into whatever you want. These may sound like silly little things to think of while watching a couple of high school shows but its what I am grateful for and in some ways these are some of the most important gifts I have been given in my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment