Friday, May 27, 2011

Cha...Cha...Cha..Changes

First I will play catch up on a few things.
We had our cub scout fundraiser about two weeks ago and it was super successful. We held a cake auction. We had he boys decorate mini cakes made by a guy who just graduated from culinary school. I loved how he explained the science behind baking, the boys really enjoyed the activity and I loved having someone else teach. I think we should have special guests more often. The boys were kind of disappointed when we explained that they would be auctioning off the cakes. However one really kind man bought them all and gave them back to the boys.












Leslie was being so cute ,coming out of the closet and saying " Hi yah" and then closing the door and doing it again. Of course when we pulled out the camera, she stopped and wanted the camera. She loves the pantry, she is always pulling out the trash can, stepping up on the step and pulling out her favorite snacks.



David went to his first pro- baseball game. It was pretty exciting though. We were in row eleven, our friends caught a foul ball , we had fireworks and an exciting performance from an audience member.I was able o find a You Tube video of the excitement. The Astros lost in the 8th or 9th inning but when I went to a game this week I saw the astros win for the first time.



I have to say we were cheering, just because we thought it was a pretty amazing escape. The man was found and arressted but it took them a long time to find him.


While David was on his last business trip to Calgary I decided to dye my hair to the extreme this time.I always want a change but its never very noticeable because I get scared. This time it was either drastically lighter or darker. Well I got way too scared to go BLOND so I went with Chocolate Brown.



(Warning: Early Morning Photo)












We bought this stroller below at a garage sale and since it was such a bargin I decided to give myself a project and make it over. At first I was disappointed that I picked one with a green frame but as I was choosing fabrics it was so nice to be able to narrow my selection. Making the canopy was the hardest thing because it is not removeable. So I had to sew it by hand while attached to the stroller, that was interesting. Overall though it gave me a sense of accomplishment, like I really could do anything. I was able to usehe same buckles and hardware which was nice, but I bought everything else new.












Leslie likes to babble and I haven't been able to catch her on camera yet. Here she is talking to her dad late one night because she was teething and could not sleep. However once I pulled out the camera she stopped for a while, so the babble is pretty short, sorry.

No comments: