Friday, June 24, 2011

June is Come and Almost Gone

Whew! Time is aflying lately.So here are some of what we have been up to.



Well this past Sunday we went to my parents house for dinner. It happened to be fathers day so we were able to celebrate with my Dad. All David got was a ride home from the airport, a candy bar from the Young Women(which he didn't share :( ) and a card. We figured that birthday present was big enough for two holidays so close together.












It was also my 23rd birthday. So I might have picked the meal and the cake that was prepared even that the Father's had to enjoy. I think its interesting that David's birthday is so close to Mother's day and my birthday is super close to Father's day usually.


















I let Leslie lick the bottom of a candle since there was frosting on it. She did it to another one and then she decided to take a bite of one!Notice the look of disgust in the top picture and then she tried to wipe off her tongue in the bottom one. We were all laughing to see a candle with a huge bite out of the center. I guess I won't show any of the other kids how to do that.











Since my birthday was on a sunday and Davis would be out of town for four days before my birthday we went out to dinner and a movie. We ended getting off at the wrong exit which was super cool because we saw Kimberley Street for the first time so we couldn't resist taking a picture.







There is a family at our church that are Professional Polynesian Dancers. They were doing a free show in Town Center and boy was it a hit! I have never seen an event so crowded before.







DAY CAMP! I was the coordinator and boy can I say I am so glad it is over. I went for all four, long days. It was fun for the boys, they were able to play games, shoot BB's, archery and of course something about just being there excites the boys. We even won most spirited with our cheer. It was a tridistrict day camp so there were around 300 boys I would say. My weeblos even spotted a tralantula underneath a chair. I couldn't tell if it was fake or not so I asked one of the leaders, he touched it with a pin and then its gigantic legs started moving!!!! He later told me that he was planning on tossing it at me ,good thing he didn't.

I did get a bulls eye in archery! Of course that was the only arrow that actually made it on the board.




Some of our boys. We have a small crowd.





We took our first family beach trip! It was Megan and Michelle's first time to go. Leslie was a little nervous about the whole ordeal but eventually when she decided it was fun to play with the bucket and shovel she had a blast.









They buried me in the sand like a mermaid. It kind of upset Leslie at first but then we showed her how much fun it could be. Another little girl thought this was so great and wanted to help but her mother called her over. I talked to her mother later and she said that her daughter told her that we couldn't be bad people because we were playing mermaids and bad people don't play mermaids. Too cute!






Leslie didn't like the water so much so someone always had to be on shore with her.












Leslie wasn't so sure about sand at first, but she discovered she liked it better than water.






Running out to the water for the first time.

















Leslie and I went with our friend Melinda downtown to a Motown Review at Miller OUtdoor Theatre. It was so fun, I forgot how much I love Miller, where I can picnic and enjoy the show.














Leslie is growing up WAY TOO FAST! She is so independent, she likes to do everything her self now it seems. She likes to pick her clothes sometimes and always wants to wear her sunday dress shoes. She is trying so hard to repeat the things we say and says anything that is hot or cold as"haa" which means hot. She LOVES nusery and is sad when it is time for us to pick her up.

1 comment:

Amelia said...

Love all of these pictures of your cute family!! I'm playing blog catch up and these made my day :)