Thursday, May 5, 2011

David is 26!

Since David was born on Cinco De Mayo he has always spent it celebrating at school. I was surprised at how big of a Mexican population is in Rupert( Yes, I am using the correct term because they are from Mexico!) so it was a big deal to celebrate May 5th. He misses having a big party, so we decided to try to have a fiesta for him. It started with our Cinco De Mayo rolls for breakfast and a celebration for dinner. We had fajitas, guacamole, salsa and chips. For dessert we made a Coconut Tres Leches Cake that was UBBER delicious.









(When he blew out his candles he actually blew off a lot of coconut too. It was pretty funny.)

Then came the best part, the presents! I ordered David's present back in March, so that I could get it engraved. I didn't want him to get suspicious though so I kept asking him what he wanted. It was so hard for me to keep this a secret because I know he would be really excited about this. Also so he didn't notice it on the bill( it would be hard to miss!) I slipped extra money to my mother for babysitting to pay for it.


















Want to see his amazing gift?!?!
























An IPAD 2 with 3G!


Isn't that so exciting! Something he really wanted but could never convince himself to buy. Thats is what I thought too. Well check out his reaction at Youtube. (The video kept closing down IE while I tried to embed it.)






It was not quite the reaction I had expected for such a nice, thoughtful gift. However , he has been playing with it every chance he gets so I think he likes it. He just says he was not expecting anything like this even if some people had called (David and Chanae) and said how excited they were for him to open his presents.



David reading birthday cards with Leslie.




David with the broken pinata on his head.



I tend to tease my sisters. I told Lauren that in Brazil they decorate eggs for people's birthdays. So she made an egg pinata for David. While she was making it I asked why it was in an egg shape. She then reminded me of my story, and I couldn't stop laughing! Poor girl, she had a blonde moment.


My mom was super nervous about a pinata inside the house. So we decided to use a wooden spoon to break it rather than a stick. Leslie was quite excited when she finally got the idea of it.





The birthday boy with the second wacks.






Michelle was cheating and trying to hold the item while she hit it.





Once everyone hit it we let Leslie with the help of her aunts break the pinata open.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a fun birthday and present. We hope it was a good one!