I decided since I think this has been good for me I will continue till the end of the week to make up for the missed days.
I have found myself sometimes being critical of others and their mistakes in life sometimes more in people that I hold to a higher standard than others. When I have seen them doing something to the contrary to those standards, I have in the past scoffed a little bit, I guess. I am grateful for the lesson of knowing that we are all unique individuals with unique trails and personalities in life. It took me a long time I feel like to realize something that has come easy to me is someone else's struggle. People have all sorts of personal trials whether its feelings toward someone they shouldn't, self esteem, addictions to drugs or alcohol, modesty, gluttony (sometimes I feel like I have this issue, one Oreo is NEVER enough), greed, gambling, language. Of course there are many, many other problems that people have but I have to remember that I do not excel in everything and those same people excel in the areas that I do not. After all in John 8:7 Jesus says, “He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her”.
With spring in the air it made (and Easter being last week and yesterday’s Sunday School Lesson) it made me think about new beginnings and how grateful I am for The Atonement. I know that I am not perfect and even when I try so hard to work on something in my life I learn something else about myself which needs improvement. I am grateful for my Savior and his example. I am grateful that I can pray and ask my Heavenly Father to help me be better, for the strength and love to be more like Jesus Christ, who loved everyone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment