To answer those who ask about another little Wilson in the future, this is our answer from Leslie's point of view:
I am ONE YEARS OLD and loving all the attention I get for being the only child!(Well that is what Leslie is trying to say when she babbles and of course since we are her parents we can understand all that babble.)
As we mentioned before our baby girl turned one! We had a little party for her, just the standard cake, ice cream and presents By the end of the day she had presents down and knew how to rip, tear and pull that paper off her gift.
She got kind of excited about some of the toys and even tried to crawl after some of them when they were pushed to the side so she could open the rest of the gifts.
Trying to get Leslie to blow out a small fire was kind of interesting. I didn't want to put it directly in front of her for fear of her grabbing that flame. So I held her and we blew it out together. We made the cake the night before. We thought that it was cute. It looks much better farther away than my close up pictures. I used gumpaste for the first time though. It dries alot harder than fondant but working with it feels about the same.
We gave Leslie the top layer of the cake but she didn't really dive in, or rather couldn't really dive in due to the fondant sheild. We had to slice her a peice so she could eat some. So just a tip if your looking for a less messy route for a first birthday, fondant is the way to go.
2 comments:
Haha, I loved this! The cake looks great! And Leslie just keeps getting cuter!!
Happy Birthday Leslie!!
Post a Comment