Friday, January 7, 2011

Leslie's 2nd Christmas

Leslie was only 3 days old for her first Christmas and all of us slept through most of it because it was our first full day at home together. Leslie was a lot more animated this Christmas.



This is her first doll. It giggles very loudly when you squeeze her belly.




She was excited to unwrap her own gifts and to help others.




She loved eating the cinnamon rolls and helping to throw away all the trash.


She was so excited to have the baby gate down from around the Christmas Tree. She kept pulling off the ornaments.

Look at her with her loot.


This year I had more time than I usually do without having to do clean check , study for finals, having a baby, all those sorts of things I have had to deal with the last four years. So with my time I made some gifts. It was a lot more rewarding to give something that I had put time into.


These two framed items were for my mom. I spent hours going through boxes of photos to gather these, but it was fun to take a LONG walk down memory lane.


I saw this idea on a blog. I knew Jason liked Rubix cubes and Lochsley likes her and Jason so how could I go wrong. When Jason had a big smile and laugh while unwrapping it I knew it was a hit. We also printed a picture of them with the Family Proclamation over top.




I made a clutch for myself and I love it. It is perfect for slipping in my necessities and throwing it in the Diaper Bag. Anyway since I thought they were so great I made a bunch and sent them to my friends on their missions, the girls I visit teach and some dear friends. I loved making them though and each one was different by what I did on the inside.

1 comment:

Jessica :) said...

Wow, you were busy! I think it's awesome that you made so many Christmas presents. That def makes Christmas giving {and getting} more meaningful.
Leslie is adorable with her doll! I bet she loves it!