Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I got it! I got it!

Monday I continued with my persistence and emailed the City about the internship around eight am. By 9:30 or so I had an interview set up with Ben for 12:30. He said that they had nine applicants and he was only interviewing two. Oh, and I was by far the most persistent(no surprise there). He said I should know by Wednesday if I got the internship or not. I don't think I have ever checked my email so much before! Around 1:00 I had heard that I got the position. That afternoon I worked my way around campus getting my internship approved, dropping classes, registering and talking with financial aid.

So by the end of today I will have almost 24 hours of my internship complete! Only 376 more to go! I had to write my supervisor a proposal of how I planned on getting all my hours and when I started looking at it I realized it will take all my time down to the last week of the semester possibly to get it done, but I am determined to finish. I kind of have to though.

I don't think I mentioned my little surprise the first week of school. They posted the Winter 2010 schedule online. I decided to see when my classes were offered to make sure they weren't going to overlap. To my awful surprise 3 of my classes overlapped! They are all only offered once too! So this semester I am doing my internship and then taking 6 credits on campus.. This way though I only have 10 credits to take next semester rather than 15. So in a way its a blessing even though I might not like it right now.

The internship is going fine so far. I found out my first day that my supervisor is leaving in a couple of weeks. I will be working with the Director for the remainder of my internship which means there will be more work for me to do. My main focus is the Cube Cyclocross race in November. I have been emailing people, copying fliers, delivering fliers to schools and have started the great task of going to businesses looking for donations for door prizes. Right now I am guessing that will be my job for the rest of the week.


Here is the website about the race :http://thecube.rexburg.org/

6 comments:

Melissa Bowman said...

congrats kimberly! and good luck keeping up with all the work ahead of you! love ya!

Jillybean said...

YEAH KIMBERLY! I knew that you would get it. Good luck this semester stay in touch!

Chanae said...

I'm really glad things worked out for you. I let the sports editor know about the cyclocross event and she said she'll get a story on it soon. I covered this event last year and it was really fun to talk to everyone involved. I hope you enjoy it as well.

Amelia said...

Yay!!!! Congratulations!I'm glad your persistence paid off.

The Rowes said...

Congratulations! Maybe you will run into my father-in-law sometime while you are on the hunt for donations. Good luck with that. Your internship sounds really fun!

LeaDawn said...

Congrats! Good to know things worked out for you too!