Friday, September 11, 2009

Last Week of Summer


We had a Friday night together! It was great but we didn't know what to do with ourselves. So we invited some friends with us to go to the Civil Defense Caves. It was further out then we remembered and by the time we found the road it was even further off the road. It was a bumpy, BUMPY ride too. I am pretty sure I could feel the baby bounce up and down as we went. I think I understand why pregnant women are not allowed on roller coasters. I was glad that David was there with me because he helped me to get over some of the rocks and protect me from the bats.

We had a free weekend the next week. That was a first for David since he started at K-Mart. We were going to go to Rupert and visit his family but were surprised when were informed that they had left earlier that day to go to Indiana. We were excited that they were making the trip but had to come up with a new plan. We had once talked about attempting to visit all the Utah and Idaho temples while at school. We haven't been as diligent as we should be but its not a bad goal. We decided to go down to Logan for the day and visit the temple there. That is where David went through for the first time and I had never even seen it. It was our day off so we didn't get going till about 10:30. We took a co-worker down with us to Tremonton and were able to visit the Lewis family.


Logan wasn't quite as big as I had expected, but it was bigger than Rexburg. We did a session at the temple and then went out to dinner. We used the rest of our chili's gift card from our wedding, so thank you to those who gave it to us. David was glad that we sat next to the bar area because they had the BYU vs. Oklahoma game on. We also stopped by Ross and I was excited to find a maternity section! Yay for great deals! It was about 7:00 at this time and we were both tired however I was excited to near the Brigham City Fruit Highway. We felt like we drove forever on the highway but we finally found a stand that was only opened for 15 more minutes. We chose to get a basket of white peaches for $13.00. we didn't weigh the box until we got home that night and found we had about 30 lbs! We were excited to get them for $.43/lb, the cheapest I have seen them up here is $.99/lb.


Labor day we were hoping to go to Egin Lake but when we got up and went gardening we realized how cold it was. We rented 17 Again and canned peaches and attempted to make pickles. We were able to do a lot chores that needed to be done too. Rexburg came alive that day too as the students started to file in. David and I feel like locals because as much as we love our friends and are excited to see them again we enjoyed the safety and quietness of Rexburg during the break. It takes a lot longer to get places and I was finally getting comfortable going around the round-a-bout.

No comments: