Texas Bluebonnets, how cute! Unfortunately, Leslie was not super excited to take pictures, as you can see.
Well the moment we have all been waiting for is here! After months and months of stocking up on diapers( I have over 1000 diapers for this new little girl, stashed under Leslie's bed and crib) and getting the room decorated, setting up pack n plays, and other baby items(that Leslie has enjoyed playing with) we can finally put them to use!

Emma Nicole Wilson was born at 9:02 am on March 30th. I was once again induced, I tried not to be but my doctor wouldn't let me go past 41 weeks and apparently they don't induce on the weekends.

What through us for a spin was that my doctor starts his inductions at night! He said we could come sometime between 8:30 and 12:30. At 9:45 the hospital called and asked if I had already delivered, they were expecting me at 9:00, oops. We didn't get in till 10:30. This was an awful idea! They stole our last good night of sleep.The lack of sleep made me feel sick for the majority of the experience too, not cool. They started me on pitocin at 2 am and seven hours later, and a few pushes and we had a beautiful baby girl. Seven pounds 2 oz, and 18.75 inches long. 
Leslie was so excited to see the new baby that she has been hearing so much about. She was so anxious to hold her too.We will definitely have to work on being gentle with Emma at home. Leslie was sad when it was time to go home without parents and a baby. My mom is so great to watch her for us, she even took Leslie to Build-a-Bear for the first time and decided that maybe that is an activity better suited for older children.
Daddy and his new little princess.
Leslie was so excited to see the new baby that she has been hearing so much about. She was so anxious to hold her too.We will definitely have to work on being gentle with Emma at home. Leslie was sad when it was time to go home without parents and a baby. My mom is so great to watch her for us, she even took Leslie to Build-a-Bear for the first time and decided that maybe that is an activity better suited for older children.
7 comments:
Congratulations!!! What a beautiful family!
Man you are fast, but I am glad we can see that cute little girl! you look great too!
Congrats! Thanks for the text! I hope that you can get some sleep and heal up quick!
Congratulations! She is a doll. We hope you were able to get some sleep today. Labor all night does not sound fun at all.
I am so very happy for you and your sweet little new one! I can't wait to meet her. Leslie is going to be a great big sister.
best!
Joan
So happy for your family!!!!
Congratulations! She's lovely and I love her name! Good luck with all the transitioning and everything!
Post a Comment