Friday, March 16, 2012

Family Outings

Due to David's work schedule I sometimes feel like we waste time due to lack of planning. So we are trying to sit down and plan activities so that we can have date nights, temple nights and family days. So far, its helped, but sometimes life just gets in the way and there is nothing you can do about it.



David does not have training the last Saturday of the month, so in January we took advantage of the morning and went to go feed the ducks. Leslie was so excited! We went to a bird sanctuary close by, but did not end up seeing any birds at all. Leslie walked around the whole time saying" Birds, where are you? Are you birds?" It was really cute and sad at the same time. We then tried to get to the pond where we knew there were ducks, but had trouble finding how to actually get there in the car. David was meeting the missionaries that morning too, so poor Leslie, we ended being gone and fed no ducks. She was really bummed.
We recently switched over credit cards and discovered that every first weekend of the month three museums are free to cardholders! Fantastic, so that is what we try to do for family fun day. In March we went to the Zoo. Leslie and I have been a couple of times within the last few months but we hadn't been with David since her first visit. It was so nice to not go alone, and have David carry Leslie, and just see them together. I loved it. Even though I was 37 weeks and getting pretty tired at the end of the day.








We went earlier in the day than we usually do, so we saw most of the big cats awake and moving this time. We were so excited. Leslie was so cute as she would talk about the animals, repeat the unusual names and try to make their noises. She even did better at spotting some of the sleeping animals than we did!In February we went o the Children's Museum. It was SUPER crowded, but I guess on a rainy Saturday afternoon, what did I expect. Once again I was so glad to have David with me and have someone else watch out for Leslie.She spent so long at these two stations with golf balls. I guess they just fascinated her.


I couldn't resist getting a picture of the cow, David and Leslie. I remember when you actually were able to milk this bad girl, in the farm play area. I guess they do have to change things after 20 years though.




Before we went to the museum, David talked us into going up to his office to have lunch. Leslie crashed on the way and slept through most of lunch, and was quite frightened when she awoke in a strange place.





Family fun day might be pushed off in April due to the arrival of Baby Girl Wilson, but when May hits, Grandma and Grandpa Wilson will be in town and we are so excited to show them around.

1 comment:

Mariko said...

Y'all have been busy!! Hope everything goes well with baby no. 2!!