Friday, November 5, 2010

Leslie is Sleeping Like an Angel, Time to Blog


It has finally gotten cold here in Houston. I have to say the cold seems a lot more famailar/welcoming than it did a few years ago(Yes, it is COLD, like bone chilling cold). It reminds me of Idaho, which makes me think about school, which makes me think about friends and family that I miss dearly.
P.S. Family when you get a chance I would love to read some updated blogs esp. with pictures!!!The google account is fine to read but I miss seeing all your smiling faces!

Halloween
Our ward had a trunk or Treat on Saturday, I hadn't been to one in a long time. We do with the other ward and branch in the building so its a bigger event. It was fun. We came in second place in the Chili Cook-Off, which was fun. They had a spook ally, and carnival games inside the building and a DJ in the parking lot so after trick or treating there was a dance party. I took Leslie to dance but I could never quite read her face on whether she liked it or not.
Our whole family dressed up this year which is something that has not occured for a long time. My mom finally made a big costume like she always wanted and we made my Dad a train costume to sort of match the era. We tried to decorate our car like a Train Depot but I don't think anyone really understood what we were doing. We made a sign that well we apparently did not duct tape very well and then a rail road on for the ground.


Our family did the Bewitched Theme. David was Darrin, I was Samantha and Leslie was tabitha. Me and Leslie both had trouble with our hats and David didn't really look like he was dressed up at all so I kind of feel like our costumes were a flop unless you look at a picture with captions. David's costume was easy/Free, mine was three dollars because we found the dress and hat at the Salvation Army and the cape was already in the Allred Dress Up Box. I bought the hat in Target Dollar Bin and had so many ideas for the costume. However I made her the jumper and bought her the shirt, which was so much easier. We took her to two cars the whole evening because in all honesty she doesn't need candy. She recieved a fruit snacks which was a big hit( but we discovered she hates the green ones) and a milky way which was all over her face by the time we got home.




LESLIE CLAIRE
She is now over 10 months. She is so big! When I rock with her in the middle of the night I feel like I am holding some big toddler not a little baby.
*Leslie has been couch cruising for about a month now. She has taken her first official steps but not more than three at a time.
*She loves opening cabinets including the glass ones with glass inside. So we quickly had to slip/jam pennies underneath to keep it closed. This last week she has began opening drawers. :( She will now simply open up any drawer she pleases and empty out the container. She does not believe any box should conatin anything it always needs to be empty.
* She hates getting dressed or getting her diaper changed. We have also enetered the stage where she likes to play with her poo. YUCK!
* I am more certain than ever that Leslie knows who my family is and boy does she have her favorites. When Megan comes home from school she gets UBBER EXCITED, she smiles big, raises her hands waving them up and down until she is safely in Megans arms. Megan doesn't mind she loves Leslie and she loves the fact that she can tell Lauren she is the favorite Allred Aunt.
* She is usually a good eater. She is getting close to that year mark and I can't wait to get a little closer and start trying her on more foods because she goes after everything now. I have 8 boxes of plain cheerios in a closet and I have fear that I will be consuming them all because she knows there is something much more tasty out there for her to eat.
* She has a couple of new faces that I will try to capture on camera. One of them is tucking in her upper lip when she is semi bored. The other is her pouty face. Yes we have apparently come to this age already.She makes her little lips round into an O and whimpers and just looks at you with her big BLUE eyes. It breaks our hearts everytime we see it.

* Leslie showing off her Houston Pride.


RANDOM
Things have changed a lot since I have lived here new people in, old people out. David keeps asking me questions about people and I have tell him I have no earthly clue. One of the newer sisters in the ward decided to start a monthly girls night out for the younger crowd in the ward for everyone to get to know each other better. I have not been the best about attending the weekly play group so I was excited to go. I eneded up being the only person under 30 and was SUPER nervous when it first began but I had a lot of fun. We went out to the Cheesecake Factory for Dessert and it was fun to dress up and just get out. Hopefully next time, since we will be staying in, more people will show up because its free.

4 comments:

Chanae said...

Sounds like you guys are having lots of fun! Leslie is so cute! We really miss playing with her. But we're glad to hear you're all doing well and enjoying life!

Brigitte said...

I miss you guys! Sounds like you guys are doing great. I figured I would tell you too, that we have a blog. Its jandbc.blogspot.com. You should look.

Laurie said...

leslie is so cute!!!!!!! I really miss you guys hopefully we'll see you guys soon and when Alexys is looking at your blog she says I just wan't to squeeze her cheeks to Leslie.-shaelynne

Andrew and Collette said...

Our babies are growing up :( :) Bitter/sweet isn't it?