Some of you may know that I have been trying my hand at couponing. I have always been intrigued with the idea of getting things for great deals. Let's face it what woman isn't? So after being inspired by my friend Leadawn and her blog and having her give me some tips I decided why couldn't I do it. After I graduated I put a lot more time into it. Getting the paper and so such ( however, I have yet to pay for the paper, David used to bring it home from work or his grandma's and now my parent's let me use theirs in exchange for helping them get great deals).
Couponing takes a lot more practice then I would have thought, but its well worth. In the begining I probably ended up spending more money then I would have but I have learned my lessons and am getting things like free toothpaste all the time and paying 60% or less on food and toiletries.
Since I have moved to Houston I have discovered that Walgreens is alright I only go there is there is an absolutely great deal because I am tired of them telling me that they won't take my coupons and not even willing to take a look at their own coupon policy(grrr...its written in black and white) I get a little frustrated sometimes when I leave there. However, I aboslutely LOVE CVS and getting the hang of Kroger.
This is one of my best transactions. I got these items totaling about $28.96 retail value and paid $0.05 at CVS. I was really excited. It is not a whole pantry full of food like those crazy couponers but I am quite pleased with myself.
Me and my mom went to Kroger last week and paid $40 and got over $100 worth of food which wasn't amazing but we were pretty happy. (PICTURE TO COME)
Well ,that was probably way more than you wanted to know about my newest hobby. Leslie is the real reason anyone checks our blog these days.
She will be 11 months next week,CRAZY! We absolutely adore her. She has four teeth now and is walking around the house. It is so weird to see this little creature move on her two feet around the house.
Her hair is not quite long enough to do anything with. These elastic bands slip right off. I gave her pig-tails for Stake Conference and 5 minutes later they were out. She really prefers not to have a head band on so for now I guess I just can't fix her hair.
******By the way THANK YOU to the amazing family members for posting pictures of the BEAUTIFUL children. We were so excited to see thier smiling faces again!
2 comments:
I'm a coupon lady too and love getting a good deal! It's almost like a drug to me. :) I feel the same way about Walgreens and LOVE CVS too. I especially love getting free diapers! Make sure you check out the Thanksgiving deals at CVS... there are a few really good things you can get for free!
Good work Kimberly! I think that the fall is my favorite time of year for couponing. It seams like everything that is on sale is something I use. :D I wish we had a CVS so that I could try it out. Walgreens has had some good deals lately though. I am way excited for their black Friday deals. I have convinced Daniel to go with me. :D
Post a Comment