Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Leslie is 9 months!

I find myself often looking at Leslie and saying to myself" What happened to my baby?". She doesn't even look like a baby even more. She is turning into such a big girl. She army crawls pretty fast and reminds me of an alligator crawling around. She also crawls up the stairs now too! Nothing is safe in this house anymore. She still tries to run everywhere she can. She now is getting more confident using one hand or items around the house to walk around.
This is of course a bath time picture. She has in her mouth mushy bar soap that her Aunt Lauren left behind. She had a big chunk of it too. I guess she will have a clean mouth for a while.

I finally finished the bumper!!!! Its not perfect because well lets face it I made it , but its functional and kind of cute in my opinion. However now I just need to make things like a blanket to match.

FORT BEND COUNTY PARADE

This was her face practically the whole time. We tried to show her the dogs, the horses, the little kids, the beauty queen candidates. I think she really only excited when she heard the bands play. Out of the nine years my family lived here we have been to the parade or fair. This year we went because my baby sister Michelle was marching for ROTC. She is fourth from the left in the picture below.

Megan was blowing gum bubbles and Leslie was really intrigued by this idea. She kept trying to grab for it when it would come out. Luckily she never got a hold of any or else we would have had a mess on our hands.


I was trying to smart and thrifty. These four articles of clothing all had stains or bleach marks on them. Instead of throwing them out I dyed them all! It worked wonderfully for the most part.


This shirt below was originally white with blue thread decorating the top. Without thinking I soaked it in bleach with my other whites. Oops, when I took it out most of the blue was gone except for in a few spots here and there. So I figured dying it would solve my problem. As you can see below I have the same problem as before . So this time I will bleach out just the blue spots and re-dye it to rescue this shirt.

2 comments:

Amelia said...

Adorable! I can't believe she is 9 months already. Also, I can't believe how amazing crafty you are. That bumper looks soo cute!

Annie said...

Leslie is so big and so cute! Way to go on the crib bedding! SO cute! Nice job!