Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Lousiana Visit

We have been in Texas for two almost three months now and finally made it to Louisiana to see my Maw- Maw. It was a short trip but we got to do most of what we wanted to. One day I still want to take a swamp tour and see an alligator. Though I would imagine at this point I would have to wait for Leslie to grow up or leave her behind.

Its about a 6 hour drive from our house to the city of Houma. We drove to Avery Island on our way to visit the Tabasco Factory. We learned about the Island and how the make the famous sauce and then got to try some samples at the Country Store. We all tried the Sweet and Spicy & Jalapeno Ice Creams. They were interesting but I would rather stick with vanilla. David and I bought another ornament to hang on our tree. Before we left though we all split a craw-fish etoufee . Which is kind of like a jumbo with more of a kick in my opinion.

David also had the delight of trying her first Po-Boy and having some ..interesting gizzard gumbo my uncle made. We showed him around town saw my cousin Dane and his family. Its not quite as small of a town as I remember it being they told me it has grown alot since Katrina hit. Hopefully next time we will be able to go for a longer trip and we can make it to the Baton Rouge Temple and the city of New Orleans.


The first All Women four generation photo

The woman with my Maw-Maw is Ms. Ava she helps with my Maw-Maw a couple of days a week and keeps her company. They are very good for each other actually because they are both widows.


This is Leslie before bed. She had a little too much Lemon cake before hand.

1 comment:

Amelia said...

Sounds like a great trip! btw I love the video :)