Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Idaho/Utah September Trip

While we were there we snagged the four generation shots of David's side of the family. We lived in Rupert for 3 months and never got one for some reason and felt like this was the perfect occasion.

The Lowder side

Here is David with the Wilson side. It was great that we got this photo when we did because last Friday Grandma Wilson passed away. We are sad but so happy she can be with Grandpa again after ten long years.

While we were there we got to see the neighbor kids again. McKinley locked her little 20 month old sister in the car. She was ok till we had her climb in the front seat and try to get her to unlock the car door.Then she started crying and screaming "No!" at us when we would ask her to push the button. Luckily David's dad went home and got the spare keys to get her out.
One of my favorite parts of the trip was getting to see my newest nephew. He is number 28 and the first grandson is about 4 years. Meet Dakota Wilson. I forgot how small newborns are until I held him.


The whole family. I took the girls to come and see their baby brother and Mckynli coundn't stop grinning all the way till we saw him. Kessa just yelled mine the whole time. It looks like Cali will have her hands full with her baby and little helpers.


The Car Ride

For most of the time Leslie is like this in the car. Thank goodness our 27 hour car ride is long enough without weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth. She has her moments when she tries to get out but that is usually when she is very tired. She once again did very well.

On our way up we made a couple of stops. We stopped outside the Monticello Utah Temple. It has been so long since I have seen a small temple but it is beautiful. We walked around and had a picnic on the stake center lawn next door.


Our other major stop was at the famous Four Corners. Neither David nor I had been there so we decided why no now.We paid our $3 , walked around and took pictures. Its not a super impressive stop but I am proud to say all the Wilsons have been in four states at once now.


My parents are super super nice to us( So are my in-laws!) and let us take up their mini van. It was so nice to have space to sprawl out and Leslie enjoyed getting out and moving around in the back while we picnic-ed at Sonic. Too bad we had to fill it up with stuff on the way home.

Over all the trip was great. It was good to see everyone again and Kami who came all the way from Hawaii. On the way home we drove all night! That is something that I do not think we will ever do again. My mom said she only forgave me because we were there safe. On the way home we did make one stop though in Denver. I had not been back since I was 14 for a one night stay getting home from a family reunion. We stopped and took a picture at the temple and then really really had to make a potty break. So we went to my grandma's old house which is across the street and used the bathroom. Their old bishop bought their house from them so I had some connection with the new family but apparently they moved this summer. The new family however did know of my grandparents and were super nice. It was nice to be at a place so familiar even though it had changed quite a bit.

No comments: