Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Mmmm... 12 weeks and still going

We finally made it to a ward Activity. It was Spud Carnival. We did games such as toss the potato, or potato bowling. It was pretty entertaining.



On Sunday the weather was actually quite warm. Well it was 45 and we thought it was super warm. So we used our stroller for the first time and took Leslie for walk. She liked it for the most part, she fell asleep so that is usually a good sign.

Like we said it was still 45 degrees so we did put her in her snowsuit.


In an effort to be healthier and lose weight we have been making carrot sticks. This two legged carrot was in our bag. You can't tell from this angle but its back side actually is bent so it looks like it was sitting.



I found a great website for little craft ideas. I decided to make a clip holder. The one of the website looks really great but I used what I had around the house to make mine. I bought the frame with no glass at the DI for $1 and spray painted it with the paint I had left over from the last three nursery projects. I had the ribbon left over form something , (maybe it was on a gift?) and then the pink fabric and blanket stuffing I had extra from other projects. I do admit I went out and bout little hooks to put at the bottom. That way I can hang the hairbands and they will be in one place.


For my Practical Homemaking class we had to do a recyclable project. So we cut up a pair of jeans to make an apron. I had a whole another leg so I cut it and made two small aprons for Leslie one day. The great part was that I was able to use a lot of old scraps to make the bias and applicas on the aprons. David was super nice and watched Leslie so I could finish these.


This is the pillow that I made in class. I never thought I would run into so many problems on such a simple item. I have to say the invisible zipper was tricky but it is so much easier since the school had the zipper foot for it. I got excited when I made the pillow and went out and bought supplies for a crib bumper. We have a lot of blankets already but after I graduate I might attempt a matching blanket too.

Picture of the apron and pillow. The apron has the words " I can cook" on it because its suppose to be one of the impowering things. I'm pretty sure my kids will think I am a nerd but if they ever say they can't cook I'll just make them put on this apron and then they know that they can!


THE GOOD STUFF:

Leslie weighed in two weeks ago at 8 lbs 10 inches. She was over 10 weeks old and finally was two lbs bigger than her birth weight. She also grew 2 whole inches. She is still pretty small though. If she isn't wearing her bulky cloth diapers some of her pants fall right off of her little body.



She is starting to be a lot more fun to play with full of smiles and laughter. If you haven't seen her lately your welcome to stop by and play.

David and I went on a date! The institute program was hosting an ice skating activity. It was free! So we went and then got free ice cream after wards at G's Dairy and the best part was my old supervisor baby sat for us for free too. He and his wife were so excited to take care of a baby again. I guess we should take advantage of all these cheap dates we can while we are here. I doubt we will have the same offers in Burley.




I have five weeks left in the semester/ move out of Rexburg to Burley. In that time David is buying us a car. Thank you Tax Returns! ( Hopefully he will get it this week!) We will be starting to move items to Burley each weekend to make things easier at the end of the semester. We will finally bless Leslie ( 9 am April 11, 2010, more details to come) and I have to write a talk for graduation. Looks like we have some busy times ahead and then I move in and take care of Leslie. It will definitely be a change of pace.

1 comment:

Amelia said...

I'm glad you guys are doing well! I love all your projects. Oh and Leslie is looking adorable, as usual :)