Sunday, February 21, 2010

Valentine's Day

SO weekends are great anyway because we actually get to spend time together. We tried to make it a special weekend for Valentine's. Last year we didn't really celebrate because we had friends and family over which was fun but I don't think we even exchanged gifts. We made dinner together. It took a team effort because one of us kept having to hold Leslie while the other person prepared our food. We tried a Garlic Shrimp Pasta dish which was ok but I think I'll stick with my Shrimp Primevera reciepe if I want a Shrimp dish.


I had been dying to try to make a somewhat fancy desert and this seemed like a great opportunity, especially to splurge on Strawberries. However, we joined the Wilson family biggest loser contest the weekend before. Luckily we had great friends who were willing to come over and eat the cake and play games. Then I had my visiting teachers take some and made my sister eat the last piece so it wouldn't be a temptation for me later.



I am a bad wife. I didn't get David a Christmas Present and he got me one. So I decided that I should really be nice to him on Valentines Day! So I got him two games one I knew he really liked, and one I knew I really liked (;)). Then I made him a 60 page book of our adventures together since we have been married. It arrived this past Saturday and I found some typos as I was looking through it I guessed I rushed at the end but its the thought that counts and he did like it!

David got me a certificate for a BOWEN MASSAGE! I am so excited for it! I probably won't use it till we move to Burley but I am excited. Then he also made a bunch of little hearts that he wrote notes on and left for me all over the house. It was fun to find them in diapers , my cereal, my backpack, the TV cabinet and so such. Apparently I still haven't found them all so I am looking forward to finding more. Its a nice reminder that he loves me while he is away during the week.

4 comments:

Melissa Bowman said...

cute heart idea! how funny that you found them in a diaper. hopefully it was a clean one! ;-)

Carissa said...

Ok... that cake looks AMAZING! I'm seriously coveting it right now. hehe I was a bad wife and didn't do anything for my husband of Valentines this year and he splurged on me. Now it'll be my turn to play catch up. I love your photobook idea though. Where did you print it? It looks great!

Annie said...

Fun Valentines! The cake looks awesome, and the hearts around is so cute! The pictures of Leslie are SOOO CUTE!!!!

Jenn Clark said...

Travis' family gave me the Game of Things for Christmas, too. I love it! I hope you guys are having tons of fun playing!