I made whole wheat crescent rolls , salad , a Chicken and Artichoke dish( it was so-so) pineapple punch and for dessert cream puffs from scratch.
I have taken a Culinary Arts class and a Meal Management class so you would think I was a pro in the kitchen but I'm not. Far from it in fact this seemed like a meager attempt at the things we talked about in class but I was pretty proud of myself for pulling out our punch bowl for the first time, garnishing our dessert and pre-plating and using the ranch salad dressing to draw a design on the salad. I even got all dressed up for the occasion. David comes home straight from work so he is always dressed up so I decided to match. Its been a long time since I have worn heels and curled my hair.
I had never made cream puffs before. the custard tasted fine but there is room for improvement. I pulled out my puffs and was letting them cool, I went into the other room and came back to find most of them had flatten!!!!!:( I don't know what happened or yet how to fix that in the future but at least I had a couple turn out properly puffy. The great part is I am taking a practical homemaking class and can count the puffs as a homework assignment. We also realized that we had more puffs than we should eat so we delivered some out to people so that we would not be tempted to consume them all.
It was nice to have a dinner that neither of us were concerned with eating quickly or eating one handed to tend to Leslie. After dinner we cleaned up and watched Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. Around 10 we picked up our baby who was crying at the time so I think Kami was ready for us to take her back. It was so nice to surprise him and have an evening just the two of us. I am so ready for these next few weeks to be over with so that we can be reunited as a family again.Phone calls are nice but usually we are so tired one of us falls asleep before we start a decent conversation. We are counting down the days to April 12th.
3 comments:
Great job on the dinner. It looks great! And the cream puffs tasted really good as well.
I'm so impressed with your cooking skills!! One day you'll have to teach me how to make those cream puffs. They look so cute!
Kimberly you are pretty much amazing!
Post a Comment