The end of the semester has come and gone. To celebrate we had a night out with some friends. Most of these people I have known since my first semester. Half of them will be gone the next semester. Its weird to think we only have one semester left in Rexburg and then we are done.
Though I did not graduate this semester David did!!! He walked Friday night with the College of Business and Communication. The next morning we went to Commencement with Richard G. Scott as the Speaker. Afterwords we took some pictures and went out to lunch. I still think it hasn't hit either of us that he is done with his undergraduate work, maybe next semester when I have homework and he doesn't it will feel real.
Saturday night we kind of went driving around and running errands. We saw this tree being being thrown out by students leaving for the semester. So we rescued it and gave it some love at our apartment. We figured its a free tree and were excited. It even came with a tree stand! It helped out stockings fill up the room with the Christmas Spirit.
After talking with my Doctor and realizing that I wasn't progressing very much in the labor department. I asked how long they would let my pregnancy go before they would bring up being induced. He said everything looked fine and that he didn't have a problem inducing me at all. So we scheduled it for Tuesday December 22, 2009 at 7:30 am. Needless to say we had a hard time sleeping Monday night but we survived the anticipation. When we got the hospital they couldn't break my water because Leslie was so far up. They gave me pitocin to make me have contractions. They told me I had a long day/ night ahead of me. By 2:00 they broke my water and by 3:30 I was given the epidoral. It started mostly working an hour later.( That was a LONG hour). I managed to get little naps in at this point. It was hard to really sleep because my blood pressure kept being checked every 15 minutes and I couldn't help put listen to the baby's heartbeat or the BYU game David was watching. The new nurse came to see how I was progressing around 7 pm and to all our surprise I was 100% ready to go! Luckily unlike they told us in our birthing class I had to push for less than one hour and by 8:20 we had a beautiful baby girl in our arms! The journey was not as bad as I thought(once I had the epidoral) and Leslie was sure worth it!
We stayed in the hospital for basically as long as we could and came home Christmas Eve afternoon. When the doctor realeased us he said we were in for a rough night. He was right for sure. Our little Leslie must have known that it was Christmas Eve and couldn't handle sleeping due to the anticpation. We are hoping things get better but at least we have the break to adjust to our new lifestyle. Christmas was very low key for us. We slept in because Leslie was finally asleep in her bed rather than our arms. It was a fun Christmas thanks to the internet, and Skype, we were able to see both of our families, and show them our baby girl.
We would like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas!!
5 comments:
Such a beautiful Christmas present! Congrats you guys for your beautiful baby (and David's graduation).
Congratulations!! We are so excited for you!
Yay for epidurals! Glad to hear everything went well for you both. I had to giggle a little about David watching the BYU game while you were in labor. hehe
The first night home is always the worst! If you make it through that, you can do anything. ;)
Congrats on a beautiful baby girl.
Congrats! Kimberely you are going to be such an awesome mom! I hope you get the rest you need and good luck with school and finishing up! I am glad David is finished...that is awesome. Get some rest when your little one is napping!
Post a Comment