Monday, October 19, 2009

Recent Stuff

The Monday after conference we got out of bed and noticed it looked different outside. I was horrified to find that it had snowed the night before! It snowed until like 12:30 that day, luckily it was all gone by later in the day though.


Here is a preggo picture. I know some people have been asking about it. I finally look pregnant! Only one person asked when I was due at my convention and when I mentioned it some were taken back.... I guess I could get away with saying I just carry all my weight in the front.



The NRPA convention. I went to Salt Lake for a good part of last week for the National Recreation and Parks Association Congress. I loved getting up every morning and walking through downtown Salt Lake. Something about the Salt Lake Temple puts me in awe. I didn't want to do any work there without David but I have to admit I had time and was dying to go inside. Luckily the people were nice enough to let me in the waiting room for a little bit before I left.


I went to Education Classes everyday which were really interesting. I went to a lot of media classes hoping they would help me build up Rexburg's recreation sites like facebook and what not. It did a bit but mostly it told people (older professionals) what good it could bring, not necessarily how to do it. During the Congress they had an expo and I have to say it was super cool. Since it was NRPA there were playground models everywhere, fun colors shapes and lots of other toys to play with. There were also cool crafts and sports. It really opened my eyes to a bunch of different avenues that were available in the Field. I really liked the sand art lady. Basically she had like 50 flavors of sugar that you could make into art and then eat. She had yummy flavors like cherry lemonade, key lime pie and birthday cake. David's been enjoying the bottle I brought back for him.

The great part about this was that I got to count it as internship hours! I got about 50 hours that week which should really help me . I only have like 250 more to go before this baby comes!



Our nephew had his last soccer game this weekend. Sadly it was the only one we made it out to, but its better late than never right! He did a great job of chasing after that ball and looked like he really enjoyed himself.

4 comments:

Melissa Bowman said...

Thanks for the picture of your pregnant belly! I really enjoy it! Next time you come through Salt Lake, call me and stop by! :) I'd love to see you! :)

Rachelle's Baby Bowtique said...

aw you are such a cute preggo lady! Thats totally what I looked like around that same time too! I remember I went to the temple when i was about 32 weeks and a lady said "oh you must be due soon!" I was like uhh...well not really, I have 2 more months :o(

Amelia said...

You look so cute!!Thanks for posting a pic. Oh and your conference looks like it was fun, and not one of those boring work things. I'm glad you had such a good time! Try to stay warm :)

Familia CedeƱo said...

Hey!! Cute blog! :)