Thursday, August 13, 2009

Our New Place


So we moved in order to have some more space for our little addition later this year. Our old one bedroom apartment was fine for our needs before but I was ready to get out of there. It was nice to save money but I don't know where we would have put a baby. So we went apartment searching. We decided it would be best to move during this summer break without a baby. My due date is five days after the fall semester ends so we figured we would be moving with a baby if we waited that long.

We took over mid-July. David ended his internship that same week and I left for my backpacking trip. He was bored and basically moved us single handedly that week and the next week during my finals.By the last day of school (July 23rd) our old apartment was empty.

We moved to the Galaxy apartments, there are 16 units a couple of blocks away from campus. Its a bit older and doesn't come with Internet and cable like a lot of other places. However we really don't need a distraction like cable(plus then we would have to buy a TV) and we have access to the Internet at school for free. Plus its a 15 minute walk to campus rather than a 45 minute like a lot of other married housing.Oh and we fell in love with the space! Maybe just coming from our tiny place makes this place feel huge but we feel like we moved into our first house sometimes.

Our Bedroom: We have room to get in on both sides now!

Spare Room: This will be the babies room but until then we have a modge- podge of items.
The Bathroom: Sadly we lost bathroom floor space from our last apartment but its a lot nicer than our last bathroom and I have finally have counters and drawers.

Living Room: We have room for people now!:) Whenever we would have people over it was so scrunched with our chairs that shouldn't be a problem anymore.
The other end of the living room a.k.a the dining room.
The Kitchen: I love having so much counter space and just space in the middle so its not so crowded.


This was a house warming treat for us brought over by some friends. I thought she did a great job and really enjoyed that she drew us on the other side of the house.

6 comments:

Mariko said...

It is perfect for the next stage of your lives!! I am so excited for you two, and I cannot wait to see your baby girl!

Krystle said...

Aw Kim it looks great!! I will have to come visit you when I get back up there!! I hope you are having a great break!

Melissa Bowman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa Bowman said...

Hey. We lived right next door at Lexington when we lived in Rexburg. A lot of our friends we knew from there moved into Galaxy because it was tons better! I'm so happy for you two + baby!

The Rowes said...

Congratulations on the move. Your apartment looks really cute. I remember when we moved from a one bedroom to a two bedroom right before Emma was born. The extra space was so nice and really needed. You may want to reconsider not having a tv. Late at night when the baby just won't sleep, it really is nice just to pop in a movie and try to forget she is crying. Just a thought. Good luck making your apartment your home.

Nettina said...

Awesome, it looks perfect :)