In our first year of marriage we had done a lot of big and some expensive activities so we didn't do anything super fancy for our anniversary. For us to spend an afternoon and night together was just fantastic. I normally work afternoons and then David works nights.
I was hoping for an interview that day so I was dresses up but it never happened. David picked me up around one,(I worked that morning) dressed to match ,and said he had a picnic packed for us. I told him I wasn't going on a picnic in dress pants and heels so he agreed to take me home to change. We went to Cress Creek and hiked a bit for a good view and picnic spot. We didn't make it to the top because it was very warm and I was VERY hungry. We did pick a bench along the way with a nice view of the Snake river and it was fun to be outside rather than stuck in the office.
After wards we drove to Idaho Falls and went to walk along the greenbelt. I always thought it would be fun and we had some time before meeting at his sister's house.

We never got a picture outside the temple when we went in April, so we figured why not now.

This is us in front of the Falls. Someone told us that the falls produce they produce 50% of the electricity for Idaho Falls. I looked it up and with two other plants it does but not by itself.

This obviously is not a good picture. I wanted to dip my feet in the water. However this is a great picture of my belly bump!
After our long but nice walk it was time to meet up with David's sisters and their families. Once we were all ready we headed over to the Museum of Idaho to go to the Titanic Exhibit. To our disbelief the museum had closed at five. We were all a bit disappointed but decided to try again before it left town. We went to the mall and tried to spend some gift cards but still found nothing worthwhile. So David and I headed out to Olive Garden for dinner . We ended up sitting in the same booth we sat in for our 1 month anniversary. After we were stuffed we drove back to Rexburg, dropped off our left overs and headed to the movie theatre to watch Angels and Demons.
It was fun to think throughout the day what happened one year earlier. David and I had a great year full of lots of fun and some surprises. It will be interesting to see what life brings our way later in life.
1 comment:
Aw! Sounds like y'all had a great anniversary!
Post a Comment