
We had a busy/eventful summer. I don't know if I mentioned before that for 11 weeks we house sat for some family friends. Leslie loved having space of her own even though it took her a while to get used to the new space.

Leslie loves to help me clean. She has especially liked cleaning the toilets and picking up her toys while singing the clean up song. Of course she says Nean p Nean Up, bah, baha to the tune of the song. It took me a couple of times to figure out what she was singing.

We actually had some free time on a Saturday, I believe it was near my birthday now that I think of it, but we decided to take a family outing. We went to the Houston Aquarium for the first time.

It was a Saturday so it was pretty busy so Leslie and I had to find something to entertain her while Dad waited in line.

Leslie LOVED, LOVED , LOVED the fish! She squealed and giggled as she watched the fish swim around.


She actually did touch a sting ray but started to cry pretty soon afterwards.


Leslie took her first carousel ride. The first time around she didn't crack a smile. She was pretty freaked out. However , the second and third time around she did much better and showed us those pearly whites.
We went on the train ride, which Leslie enjoyed but ran out of time for the Ferris wheel. I really did wonder how Leslie would have dealt with that ride but I guess we will have to find out another time. Overall I thought the trip was fun with a child, but a little overpriced for the size of the facility.

For the Fourth of the July we had my family over for a BBQ at lunch time, we went to a friends house for a BBQ for dinner and watched fireworks with lots of other friends at the Lexington Building.

Leslie was actually pretty excited to see the fireworks and didn't cry like some other children.

This is our friend Vanessa, not only did she and her husband make enough BBQ chicken, steak and sausage to feed the whole neighborhood, she made this adorable cake to celebrate.
1 comment:
I love that Leslie likes to help with cleaning! And that she sings the clean up song. How fun! And, are those your sisters in that photo? They look so much like you!
Post a Comment