Sunday, August 28, 2011

Two Weeks out West


Leslie sitting on the shoe shine station at the airport.


This is the Las Vegas Strip,we spent three hours at the airport, walking back and forth through all the terminals trying to ware Leslie down.

The Annual Wilson Reunion occurred again this July and we were so lucky to attend. My camera somehow was drained so I did not get any

Can I just say that I LOVE these little girls. I think it is fun that they are all just a few months apart. I secretly want a picture of them every year together but I am pretty sure that in like ten years they will be so sick of me asking.
















Leslie LOVED playing with all the family dogs. You could find her chasing them around for a good part of the time.








Leslie's Uncle Tom was so nice to hold her while David and I went down the slide together one last time. She even started falling asleep in his arms.




After the Wilson Reunion we drove down ,exhausted , to Utah to drop David off in the morning for his flight home. We spent the next few days making our way to Rupert to see the Wilsons.



First stop was my old roommate Leone. It was SOOO good to see her. We even attended her single's ward that morning. Luckily she knew where the empty nursery room was, because Leslie got a little restless.


We spent that night with my old roommate Gene who would not let me take a photo of her at 7:30 in the morning. We made our way to Weber State to visit Michelle. Leslie was getting restless so we took her on a tour of the campus. It was nice to be on a college campus again.




Later that day we stopped into the Idaho Falls Visitor's Center, Leslie was asleep the first time so I saw the Pioneer exhibit,watched some videos and discovered that my dear friend, Sister Morton would be coming in a few hours later. So hung out at the IF D.I. for a bit and surprised her. She was pretty excited to see a familiar face.



We made it to Rexburg by Monday night and stayed with the gracious Landeens.
We visited campus with my old roommate Celeste and her daughter who is a few months younger than Leslie. We got a late start unfortunately I wish we had had more time together.


We were so lucky to catch the busy college student Mary.She was amazing to meet us at a park and help me chase around Leslie.





We did make it to the Rexburg splash park which was one of my goals. Leslie wasn't big enough last year when we went to Rexburg like every weekend and I thought she would love it. She ended up not liking as much as I would have thought,something about the big pot of water going everywhere made her very weary.




The Landeens indulged us in showing us the new hot spots in Rexburg. I still couldn't believe how much it had changed in a year with all the Hemingway village construction.




Before we left town we stopped in Idaho Falls and had lunch at the Melaluca cafeteria with Aunt Chanae. She was then nice enough to give us a quick tour to her office.


We got to see Sarah and her son. We hadn't seen them since the previous year so it was fun to see how big he had gotten.




Leslie and I decided we really shouldn't leave Eastern Idaho without seeing the cousins who live there, so Melanie was nice enough to let us stop in on short notice.






Leslie at this point was only given a pacifier at night and during naps. She usually would even hand it to us when she woke up. However desperate times call for desperate measures so in the car it kept her happy so she had it quite a bit on this trip.




We stopped in to drop off a gift and see Devin and Erin. Erin was such a cute pregnant woman and it was fun to visit with them about their plans. Congratulations now to their little one, I am so late in posting that I think their little boy is almost two months!


Leslie LOVED the cats. LOVED, LOVED, LOVED!


We spent a couple of days with the Wilsons, playing with cousins and visiting. My in laws are great for having us even though I shipped their son back to Houston.



After Leslie's first bus ride down to SLC, my great roommate Gene met me at the airport to bring me my straightener and helped safely cross the street to the pick up point where my brother Jason picked me up. Then we made it to Provo for the Allred family reunion.



I didn't want to fly with a pack& play because flying home with it alone did not sound fun, paying for extra luggage did not sound fun and dragging it from the 5 or 6 different places we stayed did not sound ideal. However, I actually did borrow one from my in laws but didn't bring it to Utah due to logistics. (Thanks so much!) Anyway, Leslie and I slept together on an air mattress. By the third night I just slept on the floor. Leslie moves and kicks and wakes up like that(above) in the morning and on an air mattress you can feel everything! Sorry if I sound spoiled, however I am SUPER grateful that Jason and Lochsley put us up for the reunion.




My cousins Nettina and Emily




One of my friends from high school,Shani is living in Orem and I am so grateful that her and her husband came out and met me and Leslie at a park. It was so nice to catch up with her.






Leslie not only went on her first bus ride but her first train ride too. We rode the Heber Creeper ( I think that is what its called) with 70 other Allred family members. The ride was over an hour so by the end she was getting restless so we had to point out the local wildlife to entertain her(horses and cows).











Homemade bubbles and kitchen utensils, it turned out great!





Leslie with her Great Grandparents, now that I think about it this is David and I's last set of grandparents. We are so grateful for them and the time we have.





Leslie at the fishing pond


Sometimes Leslie is a little too helpful or friendly.








Grandpa and Grandma with 5 0f 6 kids. My Dad was planning on coming but ran into some medical problems which kept him home from this reunion.:( However, we do finally have a diagnosis, the decided he has an unusual case of MS.



I can not remember this beautiful little girls first name but I want to give a shout out to my cousin's Amy and Rachel's little girls, they were amazing! They played with Leslie and helped me keep an eye on her, which was so nice. Leslie likes to run around with the big kids but I had a hard time just wanting to stay at the playground for three full days instead of eating or visiting( no, hubby to switch off with). Also thanks to Lochsley who lent a big hand!





The Wallred ( Wendell Allred's) Representation




Of course we made it to sub zero while we were there. Leslie was much more interested in Lochsley's chocolate ice cream than my peach.


It was the middle of a Tuesday afternoon when we got home so my mom picked us up from the airport and dropped us off at the house(where we were house sitting at the time).


This is what was hanging on our front door.





My sisters actually found this one and I could hear them Awwing from the front door.








I really am lucky to have such a sweet husband, he takes such good care of us. In fact he is taking care of his two sick girls today.

1 comment:

Jessica :) said...

That is so cute! What a sweet hubby you have. :)
Sounds like a busy, fun-filled coupled of weeks! I'm glad you were able to see so many friends and family. Hope you get feeling better!