Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Wilson Baby # 2

I am pregnant and having a baby in March!


Surprised? Or Not?


Well, many Houstonians were aware that we are pregnant for obvious reasons and for the fact that I have a big mouth and complain when I don't feel good. Our goal was to keep it a secret from David's side of the family and surprise them when we came up for Christmas. What a great gift, right?


It was not easy. I have a hard time not telling everyone such exciting news, especially when you are sick for three months, it kind of consumes your life. I kept wanting to post comments about my pregnancy online but that of course would ruin the surprise.However, we figured as long as we did not post anything neither would anyone else. Our biggest fear was someone around here finding out and asking online. Looks like it worked though.

So here is some back logging:



July:

I discovered that I was pregnant. I was so happy I actually danced around Jason and Lochsley's living room! Umm... so of course they knew. I then took a picture of the test and sent it to David. Of course I was so excited that when I didn't hear a response within five minutes I called him, three times in the next ten minutes. He finally answered, shared with me his excitement but informed me he was at the movie theater. Oops.


I told my family like a week maybe after getting off vacation.Everyday I walked into that house with a big secret and I just wanted to spit it out. I eventually told them at an awkward time to try to cheer them up after we had learned some sad news about a family friend. It was a good thing I told them because a week later my favorite part of being pregnant occurred, morning sickness :(.


I was nervous for a bit before morning sickness kicked in that I had miscarried. I have met about 5 women who said they all had miscarried after having the same birth control that I was on. The doctor reassured me that my chances were still 30% like any other woman's and the birth control would not affect this. I kept having to tell myself that every woman is different and that every body handles things differently. I was actually grateful in a small, tiny way to be sick because I knew my baby was alright.


August: Sick


September: Sick


October: Half sick.

I finally entered my second trimester and a few weeks later no more sickness, well mostly anyway. I know Leslie was excited to have her mom back. She watched WAY TOO many movies while I laid on the couch. Swimming for some reason was an okay activity, and occasionally walks were in our routine but I couldn't believe how tired I was this time around.


I went to the doctor for the first time at the end of September or beginning of October I thought I was fifteen and a half weeks along but when we did an ultrasound I was only fifteen. I was only off a couple of days so we concluded that my due date would be March 25.


October 31st: Ultrasound Day: David and I each guessed a gender so we could have a guess. We were both really indifferent to what we wanted. However Leslie will be a big sister to her little sister come this spring. In a lot of ways I am grateful because I don't have to worry about storing a whole new wardrobe and I can pull out most of Leslie's old clothes. As I put them away I told David I would be so sad if I was never able to pull those little outfits out again for ,looks like I get to use them sooner than anticipated. So now I can fully decorate the girls( don't you like the sound of that, the girls) room in brown and pink decor.


November: My weight had not changed too much but I fear with the holidays approaching my waistline will become bigger and bigger.


December: The weight is starting to come on and I keep thinking this is how big I must have been when I was full term with Leslie. I guess you really do forget some things ,even if they were only a few years ago.


We made it to Idaho and were able to show everyone. We pretty much still had to announce it because many of the family members just looked at my stomach and back at us waiting for a reply. However everyone was surprised and said we were good secret keepers.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hooray, congrats!

Kira Marion said...

Congratulations Kimberly!! So excited for you!

Melissa said...

Congrats!!!! I'm so excited for you guys!!!! Miss you!