Leslie has been a little fussy since we moved. We think she has been thrown off a little bit with a new enviornment and weather and so such. Plus we think she missed her toys her cousins let her borrow. We decided to get up the next Saturday morning and go garage sale shopping. Our goal was to get an exersaucer for Leslie and spend around $30 or less.
The first yard we pulled into 8:10 am we saw these items and decided to check it out. I looked the items over and asked how much. They said $3 for the exersaucer and $1.50 for the walker. I asked again in disbelief and then said I would give them $5 for both. I was so excited! They were a little dirty but cleaned up nicely and everything works on both of them. Her exersaucer even still plays music.
On our way home we saw another sale and decided just for fun to stop in. A family was sizing down into a smaller house and was getting rid of loads of matching furniture/decorations. We bought this mirror and its mate for $10. We figure we will find a great place for them when we get a place of our own. For now they are tucked under our bed for safe keeping.
Plus when we were out we got free books!
After our highly successful adventure we decided that when we are ready to move into our house if we need anything we might check out some garage sales first . Afterall with five million people we are bound to find some great treasures.
After our highly successful adventure we decided that when we are ready to move into our house if we need anything we might check out some garage sales first . Afterall with five million people we are bound to find some great treasures.
2 comments:
Good work on the finds. I am flattered by the title and am glad to know that I have rubbed off on you.
Ooo I love a good find!! You might also try going to some estate sales. There were a lot in my neighborhood in D.C. and they were fun to look at.
Post a Comment