Amelia took Kimberly out to a fancy Italian restaurant for her birthday. They made reservations at a restaurant called Leonardo's. So they arrived at the restaurant and a few minutes later Sister Allred and I showed up. We called Amelia's phone and she told Kimberly that she would take the call outside. So she came out to where we were and then I went around the corner to where Kimberly was! When I got there I said her name and she looked up at me and was in complete shock for a minute. She didn't know what was going on.

After she got over the shock she then gave me a hug and we sat down for dinner. For some reason she lost her appetite and so she only wanted to order an appetizer! I had been excited all day so I wasn't really very hungry either. After we ordered our appetizers the owner of the store came out and told we would not leave his store hungry so he told us he was going to bring out a dish for us to eat. He brought out a dish of Shrimp Scampi that he split for us! That was really good because when we got our appetizers we realized how small they really were.

After we ate our Dinner plates the owner came out again and asked if we wanted any dessert and I said yes, so he said he would bring it right out. I thought it was funny that he didn't ask us what we wanted, instead he just said he would bring it out. Then the waitress brought out a plate with a small white box and a blue ribbon that had writing o
n the edge that said "Will you marry me?" *As shown in the picture*
As she started opening the box there wasn't anything inside of it. So I then pulled the ring out of my pocket and got on one knee next to her and asked her if she would marry me! She told me yes and I proceeded to put the ring on her hand and then we hugged! The waitress was taking pictures of the whole thing so we decided to stop and look at the camera for a picture.
During this whole thing there was one other table of a
bout 4 people. Apparently they were watching us the whole time because they were kinda excited. After I proposed and we were taking pictures a lady that was at the table came out of the bathroom and got upset. She was like "you didn't wait for me?" She said "I was waiting all night and you finally ask when I was in the bathroom!?!" To tell you the truth I wasn't really paying attention to anyone else around! Sorry!

After we took some pictures and sat back down for a second the owner came back out with the waitress and they said that they would like to name a dish after us so they told us to pick one out and put our names on a piece of paper. We finally decided to go with the Shrimp Scampi that we ate. So they named it the David and Kimberly Wilson dish! So if any of you are in Houston and want to eat Italian you will have to go to Loenardo's and try out the David and Kimberly Wilson dish!!
After we left we went to Kimberly's work so she could get the next couple of days off and so we could go get some things done! We took pictures on Thursday and registered on both Thursday and Friday. We basically ran around for three days and got as much done as we could! I will have to put the engagement pictures on here later. On Saturday Kimberly had to work for part of the day so I hung out with her family for most of the morning and then we did some more stuff after her work. One of her roommates was around so she came over to visit and when she left we were both exausted from running around for three days so we went to sleep pretty fast.
Sunday we made pumpkin Chocolate chip muffins so we could deliver them to some people after church. Kimberly's calling in the ward is assistant nursery leader, so I went with her to nursery. That was great, how come nobody ever told me that all they do is play with kids for two hours. I really enjoyed church and it went by pretty quick! :) After church we took muffins to a sister in the ward who took our pictures for us to thank her and we took some to Amelia and her family to thank them for helping us! That was fun to visit them.
This was a really fun trip and I am glad that Kimberly's family helped me out so that we could pull it all off. I wish I could have stayed down there longer, but that is how I feel after every visit. And it just makes every visit so much better!

5 comments:
Congratulations David B. Wilson and Kimberly!!!! I'm SO excited for you guys!!!
Congratulations! That is so awesome! You two are really cute together! :)
Congrats!! We are so excited for you!
Andrew and Collette
Man why does it have to be summer break when all the excitement happens ;) I am so excited for you both! Marraige is the best thing ever! Let us know when the happy day is.
Congrats David!!!! That is awesome!
Post a Comment